Go inside a $2.7 million Los Angeles home with an incredibly chilling past

A dark secret known by many who live in the area

Uninhabited since the 1959
The Spanish-style mansion at 2475 Glendower Place in Los Angeles is a gorgeous residence. With beautiful views, a glass conservatory, formal dining room and library, breakfast room, and third-floor ballroom and bar, it's easy to see why its current listing price is $2.7 million.
But there's something the listing won't tell you, a dark secret known by many who live in the area.

The home has, in fact, been uninhabited since the 1959 murder-suicide that occurred in one of its four bedrooms. Dr. Harold Perelson, a cardiologist who lived in the house with his wife and three children, was the alleged murderer — killing his wife with a ball-peen hammer, attacking his daughter, and finally taking his own life.

Infamous for its chilling story, the house has remained somewhat of a time capsule. While it's been used as storage for some of its more recent owners, only one family is rumored to have lived on the property since the incident. If the rumors are true, they fled in the middle of the night on the anniversary of the killing.

Just before the house went on the market, photographer Alexis Vaughn was able to go inside the property and take a few images of its interior. Below are 14 images that Vaughn told us she hopes "transports my viewers there."

The house was originally bought by the Perelsons for $60,000 in the 1950s.

At that time, the house was described as a "delightful 12-room home, with terraced lawns, artistic gardens and a magnificent view," according to a recent article by Jeff Maysh on Medium.

It was at 4:30 a.m. on December 6, 1959, when Perelson attacked his wife with a ball-peen hammer to the head. Because of the trauma, she asphyxiated on her own blood.

He then went into his teenage daughter Judye's room — which, according to Vaughn, might have been the room pictured here.

After being struck once in the head, Judye began screaming, "Don't kill me." She was able to escape her father, and after seeing what had happened to her mother, ran to the neighbor's house for help.

The two younger siblings were awoken by Judye's screams. Perelson called to them, saying, "Go back to bed. This is a nightmare."

He then took two doses of Nembutal and 31 small white pills, laid down, and died before the ambulance that the neighbors had called arrived.

Invited by a family member of the current owner, Vaughn, like many others, was instantly intrigued by the house and its story.

Although she claims that she wasn't too creeped out while inside, there have been plenty of online reports from curious trespassers that have felt frightened while on the premises.

Realtor Eileen Moreno told Medium that she could instantly sense that someone had died in the house when she first saw it. "I knew something terrible had happened...oh my God," she said.

While Perelson's motivation to kill still remains unknown, there is evidence that the family was in financial trouble.

In 1960, the home was sold in a probate auction to Emily and Julian Enriquez, who later passed the property on to their son, Rudy, in 1994.

In an interview with radio talk-show host Dave Schrader, Enriquez admitted to using the house as a storage unit for items left to him by friends who had died.

Although it's unclear where all the items inside the house came from, the house's story remains within its walls. As Vaughn describes it, it's an "overwhelming" feeling being inside.


read more

more introsting news: