1. Make a DIY heater with tea lights and a terra cotta pot.
2. Rub a candle on your shoe until you've coated it in wax, then have at it with your blow dryer until it melts, creating a thin, waterproof layer on your shoe!
3. Turn your ceiling fan on in a clockwise direction. Warm air rises to the ceiling, so the fan moving clockwise will push it back down to you!
4. Spray water on your windows with a spray bottle, then apply bubble wrap on top of the panes to keep the heat inside by insulating on a budget.
5. When you've finished cooking dinner, turn OFF your oven but keep it open so the excess heat can circulate and warm up the room.
Side note: Definitely do NOT use your oven as an actual heater.
6. Use an old pair of socks on your windshield wipers to prevent them from freezing and sticking to your windshield overnight.
7. Fill a sock with (clean) kitty litter and place it in your car to prevent your windows from fogging up when driving.
8. Sew a satin bonnet on the inside of your beanie to keep it from absorbing your natural oils and preventing your hair from breaking in the cold, dry air.
9. Stay cozy by putting your pajamas, work clothes, or socks in the dryer for a few minutes before putting them on.
10. If you don't have access to an in-unit dryer, warm up your socks with a hair dryer before putting them on!
11. The vinegar and water mixture tip doesn't fully de-iceyour car's windows, but purchasing a good windshield de-icer will certainly do the trick and save you time.
Bonus: A can is only $5.
12. Stock up on hand warmers for EXTREMELY cold mornings.
13. When freezing weather comes, leave the cabinet doors under your bathroom and kitchen sinks open. This will allow warmer air to circulate around the pipes, and prevent them from freezing.
14. If you're outside and need the use of your hands for a long period of time, put on a pair of rubber gloves under your work gloves for warmth and dexterity.
15. If you have dry skin, mix a drop of facial oil into your foundation before applying.
16. When your old sweaters get covered in pills and fluff, take a disposable razor to it to remove the excess fluff and make it look brand new.
It really works.