So let's check out these hilarious people who know how to do just that with these next-level selfies!
1. That snapchat filter is getting more and more realistic!
Of course, that's not actually the dog filter from snapchat, but hey, it covers up that ugly mug well enough, amirite?
2. This is the level of "extra" that we need in social media these days.
If your friends aren't willing to provide more lighting than a Hollywood film set, what good are they?
3. We all know the Leaning Tower of Pisa pic, but this guy's out here in 3017 with this one.
From now on, I expect all pics from Pisa to be in this form.
4. Some of these really blow us away, literally.
I honestly can't imagine the number of times they'd have to jump/pose to nail this one. It definitely worked out, though, huh?
5. These people, on the other hand, made the most of something that didn't work out.
Judging by their faces, these two weren't really that broken up about it. Not quite what you'd expect at a divorce finalizing!
6. Then there are times when the unintentional was the funniest part about it.
Panoramic shots are easy enough to mess up as is, but there is no weirder face you can make than when you have to sneeze!
7. One trick that always works is to get someone annoyed in your shot!
Oh, you don't appreciate selfies? Well, if you jump in my pic, it's not just a selfie anymore! That counts, right?
8. Other times it's about the people you will annoy later.
Like your vegetarian friends when they see the savageness of a selfie like this. Well, luckily, vegetarians are famous for their great sense of humor.
9. This dude is sooo high, man!
Well, we really can't argue about how awesome this shot is. So, if you want some quick and easy likes on Instagram, just grab yourself a jet!
10. No one snaps like Gaston
Sometimes you end up getting exactly what you asked for. Big-time props to this guy for staying in character that well! This is exactly how he'd selfie.
11. This is a quokka, and yes, it's that exciting to meet them!
Honestly, this guy didn't have to make a face at all for this selfie to be fire. Cute animals are all you need!
12. Of course Hugh Jackman gets it.
Even if your skills are awful, you can always add something cute! Despite his instincts, Jackman included this baby penguin instead of a baby wolverine.
13. There are food selfies and then there's this guy. Advertising
The new minimum standard for food selfies is four slices of pizza. I think this one will turn out well — there's not a pineapple in sight!
14. Of course, it's good to have a reminder of where the selfie came from.
Back in the day, phones had circular dials and cords attached to receivers! In fact, they didn't even have cameras attached, so...wait, what?
15. Jumbo selfie inception for the win!
Every sports fan has got to dream of a moment like this. What's better than seeing yourself on the Jumbotron? Seeing it twice, of course!
16. This one I'd like to call "the justice selfie"
I haven't read a comic book in a long time, but I assume that these days all the superheros take selfies after fighting crime, right?
17. Now that's some deep-sea selfie expertise!
It might seem fake, but these guys are actually pro at this. Apparently, they've been taking all kinds of photos like these.
18. The most intense selfie stick you could use!
The only thing that could be more gruff is, I dunno, like, Arnold Schwarzenegger smoking a cigar and using the sword from Conan the Barbarian as a selfie stick, or something.
19. And here's Arnold Schwarzenegger smoking a cigar and using the sword from Conan the Barbarian as a selfie stick.
"What is best in life?"
"To crush your selfies, see them snapped before you..."
20. I know these aren't people, but they are total squad goals.
This hype crew lookin' like they're about to drop the hottest mix tape of the year makes me rethink everything.