1. Beautiful people are easily overlooked, while truly beautiful people have an everlasting effect. Charm can be deceiving and beauty fades away, but true beauty never does! While beautiful people are more focused on the passing beauty and fading good looks, truly beautiful people understand that true beauty comes from within; it is the source of kindness and love you display towards everyone around you. Kindness is what makes true beauty come to life and no one can ever take it away from you. It can last forever.
2. Beautiful people fit in, while truly beautiful people do not conform. While beautiful people strive to look like the model on the magazine, truly beautiful people strive for individuality. What makes you truly beautiful is not how you conform to the ideas of the world, but how you
make the world conform to your ideas and your beautiful mind.
3. Beautiful people are generic, while truly beautiful people are like a masterpiece. Mozart began writing music at age 6. Three centuries later, his music is still admired and inspires millions around the world. Truly beautiful people are very much like Mozart’s compositions; they have the power to impact lives and inspire the world even after hundreds of years have passed.
4. Beautiful people are selfish, while truly beautiful people focus on giving. Unlike superficial beauty which is mostly focused on fulfilling selfish desires, true beauty comes from what the heart gives. The selfless smile you give away, the hug you share with a friend in tears, and the food you make to share with those in need—that’s what makes you truly beautiful!
5. Beautiful people seek perfection, while truly beautiful people embrace imperfection. There is something beautiful about imperfections: it features your incomparable qualities; it makes you human. While beautiful people may think beauty is found in the flawless skin, size 2, stunning tan and long flowing hair; truly beautiful people understand beauty is instead found in the birthmarks, the extra little fat around the waist, the messy hair when you first wake up and the real you without make up. True beauty is found in how imperfect you are and how real you dare to be.
6. Beautiful people get confidence from looks, while truly beautiful people get confidence from within. While beautiful people are all about how they look and how the world perceives them physically, truly beautiful people understand there is something absolutely stunning and fascinating about confidence that is founded in courage, experience and wisdom. That same confidence reminds you that although you may not fit in or look the part, your beauty is unparalleled because of your knowledge and your ability to see your worth even when the rest of the world fails to see it.
7. Beautiful people lose beauty, while truly beautiful people’s beauty is timeless. When I was a little girl, I couldn’t wait to be a teenager. When I was a teenager, I couldn’t wait to be an adult. Now that I am an adult, I am looking forward to my later years in life. Perhaps that desire comes from seeing how timeless true beauty is and how it is inevitably found in every stage of life. The trick is to enjoy each moment and understand there is a time and a season for everything. While beautiful people believe beauty is only found in the younger years, truly beautiful people understand that true beauty is timeless only when you have the courage to embrace everyday, every new journey, every new blessing in disguise and when you refuse to believe the lie the world tells of beauty dissipating in your old age.
8. Beautiful people are born, while truly beautiful people are made. Unlike the ridiculous characteristic of superficial beauty where everyone is expected to look the same with minor variations, true beauty does not discriminate. Truly beautiful people understand that true beauty is attainable the moment you choose to embrace it. The moment you choose to embrace everything that is selfless, kind, courageous and loving about you, true beauty surfaces transforming you from the inside out, molding you into a timeless masterpiece, a true work of art.
9. Beautiful people lack drive, while truly beautiful people are passionate. While beautiful people may be so focused on their looks they miss fully experiencing life, truly beautiful people know you can’t have true beauty without passion. Passion is that desire for living and enjoying everything that makes you human, everything that makes you feel alive. There is nothing quite as irresistible as living in the moment, fully willing to experience each second and savor each opportunity of laughter and love life offers. True beauty is found in the passion you bring into your work and relationships. Passion fuels true beauty like no other thing can.
10. Beautiful people live in fear, while truly beautiful people live daringly. While beautiful people are completely afraid to rock the boat and step out of their comfort zone, truly beautiful people are daring. The courage found in trying something new, in feeling vulnerable and exposed is what true beauty is all about. The possibility of failing and the courage to dare anyway is at the heart of those who are truly beautiful.
11. Beautiful people love conditionally, while truly beautiful people love without reserve. Beautiful people are concerned with getting their feelings hurt and put up walls to ensure that never happens. Truly beautiful people understand that in love, just like in life, what you give is what you get. Truly beautiful people are focused on loving fully and thoroughly despite the cost.
12. Beautiful people give up easily, while truly beautiful people embrace perseverance. Beautiful people are so focused on instant gratification they easily give up on what they pursue. Truly beautiful people understand good things take time and therefore, they are willing to persevere at all cost to reach the desired end.
13. Beautiful people lack perspective, while truly beautiful people understand the things that matter. While beautiful people are focused on the new fashions and latest Kim Kardashian gossip, truly beautiful people know there are more important things in life. Truly beautiful people focus on what is going on around them and how it affects those they love. They strive to serve and live lives that are worthy of praise.
14. Beautiful people are reckless, while truly beautiful people embrace patience. While beautiful people are used to getting their way in every possible way due to their physical attributes, truly beautiful people know that “good things come to those who wait.” Truly beautiful people embrace the moment when patience must be exercised and time measured not by how quickly it passes by but by how much living is taking place in the passing time.
15. Beautiful people are proud, while truly beautiful people embrace humility. Beautiful people are so proud of what they look like that they fail to embrace and get in touch with their humble spirit. Truly beautiful people understand that “pride comes before destruction and an arrogant spirit before the fall.” Therefore, truly beautiful people embrace humility and strive to serve instead of being served.