20. While wearing polarizing sunglasses, you rotate your head left and right to assess what impact your circular polarizing filter might have on a potential shot
19. The sign “no flash photography” means nothing to you and makes you laugh, because YOU don’t need a flash
18. Your neighbors admit to you that they don’t take pics of their own kids playing outside anymore because they know YOU will be there doing it every chance you get!
17. When performing daily duties, you adjust the angle of your head or change your line of vision for a more interesting composition
16. The camera in your hand is more comfortable than the tennis shoes on your feet
15. You are driving past “scary” parts of town and can’t wait to use it for a shoot!
14. You try to go “full manual” with your p&s or phone camera
13. You think in f-stops
12. You pity, and judge, members of the public when you see them using their big, fancy dSLR in… automatic…
11. Everyone hands you their cameras at family events and says”take some photos for me”
10. You have nightmares of people using the “P mode” we won’t even talk about the “green mode.” That’s just too scary.
9. 30,000 family photos neatly categorized in Lightroom. Zero photos of you.
8. When at a car dealership, you translate the price of a car in your head to “Six 5D Mark II’s.” Your last power bill cost two monopods.
7. Touchdown plays are somewhat distracting because you can see the white glass on the sidelines
6. You are frequently greeted with “What are you taking a picture of?!?” instead of “hello.”
5. You’d rather buy the shirt that more closely resembles 18% gray
4. Your carry-on is heavier than your checked bags
3. You describe disgusting old dilapidated barns as “beautiful” (via Lori Anderson)
2. Number of lenses > Pairs of shoes you own (Carsten Deutschmann)
1. You actually believe a wizard could fit in your pocket